Below is the contents of the weekly Adoptions & Newsletter email sent out on 10/06/11.
Hello, fellow Friends of BCAS volunteers!
- Volunteer hours: 293.75 (-19% from August)
- Volunteer visits: 172 (-23% from August)
- Total volunteer participation: 28.7%
Note: Our cat socialization program was suspended from 8/18/11 - 10/2/11. Hopefully our October stats will improve since our cat program is back.
Giant thanks to the following volunteers:
- Steve Lease for 10 visits and over 20 hours walking dogs in September. Steve doesn't say much, but his heart speaks volumes!!
- Barbara, Terry, Pat, John, Tammy, Jean, Mary & Linda (and Penny's dogs Stubby and Jodie!) for helping out with the Pet Expo last Saturday! Extra special thanks to Barbara for organizing and setting up. Everybody seemed to have a lovely time, and we had another fantastic opportunity to put the word of our program out there!
Our good works are like stones cast into the pool of time; though the stones themselves may disappear, their ripples extend to eternity.
Please spare a moment to read the following announcements:
• CAT NOTICE: Just incase you missed it, the cat volunteer program is now up and running again after the quarantine was lifted on Monday the 3-rd (over 6 weeks after it was initiated)! However, please remain vigilant for signs of illness, and continue to sanitize everything the cats touch! We definitely do not want to see another outbreak of anything any time soon.
• SHELTER CLOSED MONDAY: Just a heads-up, volunteers: Monday the 10th is Columbus day, and the shelter is closed on all holidays.
• DOG RE-EVALUATING: Dog walkers, if you spot a dog you think should be re-evaluated for its difficulty rating ("Green" or "Yellow"), let John or Lisa know. Sometimes the longer a dog is at the shelter, their leash walking behavior changes for the better or worse.
• VOLUNTEER AT CINNAMINSON DAY: Our volunteer Jean Stone can use some help organizing and manning a table at Cinnaminson Day on October 23-rd. Any volunteers willing to spend even a short amount of time helping her out should email Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org. Setup is at 11 AM and packup is at 4 PM.
• SIMPLE WAY TO DONATE: Want to help raise money for our shelter? Use GoodSearch.com for your internet searches after adding "Burlington County Animal Shelter" as your chosen charity, and every search you do will contribute a few cents to the shelter... but pennies add up! You can even track how much money GoodSearch has raised for a particular charity. The most popular charities have made six-digit earnings just from people searching the web!
• SLUGGER'S SUCCESS STORY:
This handsome 7-year-old fellow found himself in our shelter earlier this year. Now he's in his own happy forever home with a family who adores him! Slugger and his family happened to be at the Pet Expo last Saturday and they were pleased to tell me about him.
Slugger's adoptive family has this to say:
"My sister called me up after seeing this gorgeous dog at the shelter, and we had to go see him ourselves. We're so glad we did! To people who thank us for rescuing a shelter dog, we say that he's a gift to us. We are very happy with our shelter dog."
• VOLUNTEER OPP./CLINIC: Please consider volunteering for BCAA's next Snip It Clinic for Cats on Sunday the 16th in Browns Mills. The Clinic begins at 7 or 8 AM and can run until the late afternoon or evening, depending on the number of cats. Even spending a few hours with us would be welcome! Please email Leila at email@example.com to help out. The more cats we help get spayed or neutered, the less cats flood our overcrowded shelter, and we need all the help we can get!
• VOTE FOR OUR SHELTER: The Animal Rescue Site is giving away thousands of dollars in grants to shelters with the highest votes here: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3 - Help us have a chance to win the grand prize of a $5000.00 grant by clicking the link, searching for Burlington County Animal Shelter, and voting for us! You can vote once every day until the contest ends mid-December.
• • • ADOPT US!!! -- Aren't we so adorable? • • •
Please spread the word about these awesome adoptable pets who've been at our shelter for too long!
(Cat of the Month!) C-41324 Katie | D-41259 Mysterious | C-42622 Cameron | D-41770 Dexter (Dog of the Month!)
See our blog for more info about these cuties:
...Thank you! And now, without further ado...
Some of the wonderful animals adopted this week:
Some of the wonderful animals adopted this week:
Special Critter Mention:
43897 - This adorable little guinea pig has been rescued!
C-42605 Koa, C-42740 Momma, C-43561 Chico, C-44157 Toby Keith
D-43466 Shelby, D-43724 Skippy, D-43839 Susie, D-43980 Roxy
D-44097 Ricky, D-44185 Ginger, D-44186 Casey, D-44388 Tristan
We are the volunteers of the Burlington County Animal Shelter. We do our best to make sure our shelter's animals are happy and ready for adoption.
We love new volunteers, and so do the shelter kitties and doggies! Learn more about us here: http://fobcas.blogspot.com