Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dog Walking Party 5/14/11

On Saturday, May 14th 2011, we had an awesome volunteer dog walking party at the shelter. We met our goal of getting all the 60 or so walkable dogs walked, and we did it in under four hours with only a dozen volunteers! (And then we had tasty snacks as a reward. Mmm-mmm.) Huge thanks go to all the volunteers who helped make this happen! I hope we can repeat this experience many times in the future :)

Even though I brought my camera to the event, I was so distracted with actually walking dogs that I completely forgot to get any pictures of it. I won't be so thoughtless next time, I promise.

We're planning on having a volunteer cat party in mid-June, so if you're not already a volunteer, attend an orientation (at the shelter every Thursday at 6 PM, first Saturday each month at 11 AM) and come have some fun with us! Not only do you get to make cats happy by giving them a break out of their cages, you get to meet your fellow cat-loving volunteers AND share some snacks together! I hope to see you there :D

No comments:

Post a Comment