Below is the contents of the weekly Adoptions & Newsletter email sent out on 12/08/11.
Hello, fellow Friends of BCAS volunteers!
Volunteer Stats for November 2011:
- Volunteer hours: 415.75 (-15% from October)
- Volunteer visits: 231 (+34% from October)
- Total volunteer participation: 45.3%
Note: The shelter had four holidays in November, so our stats are very good, considering.
Giant thanks to the following volunteers:
- Andrea Cassidy, Dave Caceres, Tammy Grant, Katrina Kates, Betty Konrad, Steve Lease, Justin Oram, Brian Skelly & Jean Stone for dedicating more than 15 hours of your time at the shelter in November. Every animal you touched felt your kindness.
- Steve Marinoff joined our group in November as the 'video guy' and what a GREAT JOB he is doing! Check out the recent videos he created of our dogs (Tweeter, Angel, Jet, Woody) and cats (Tina, Cameron, Katie, Ash) on our Youtube page: Youtube.com/FriendsofBCAS
Thanks to all our volunteers;
Friends of BCAS has reached our one-year anniversary on 11/10/11!
We are very proud of our progress in only a year. We know our second year will be even better!!
Please spare a moment to read the following announcements:
• volunteers please heed the sign on the back door (ACO entrance) and do not use that door to come in and out, especially with dogs. Please instead use the back gate. The back gate should be unlocked every morning, but if it's not, let the front desk know and they'll tell somebody who can unlock it.
• HOLIDAY PARTY TIME! On Monday, December 12th from 5-7 PM we'll be having a volunteer get-together at the shelter! All volunteers and shelter staff are invited to come partake of the holiday munchies and hang out with your fellow shelter-frequenters :) Show up whenever you like. Since the holidays are a time for generosity, we ask that you please bring a donation, large or small, for the shelter. The shelter can always especially use cat and dog food, treats, towels, blankets, cat toys, or cat litter. We hope to see you there!
• FELINE FOSTER BLOG: Volunteers Andrea and Meike now have a blog to follow the stories of their foster cats: http://thecatchronicles.tumblr.com/. All of their fosters were rescued from our shelter through the Burlington County Animal Alliance. If anyone wants to add anything to the blog (or if you're interested in fostering cats!), email Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• VOLUNTEER YOUR CHEER: We are still looking for volunteers to be Volunteer Shelter Greeters, especially for the dogs. Volunteer Greeters do what many of you already like to do anyway-- chat with potential adopters, answer their basic questions, let them know where the adoptable animals are and from whom they can get more information! Volunteer Greeters can help make the shelter a cheerier place for the public to visit. The better a person feels about a shelter, the more likely they are to adopt! So help encourage adoptions by emailing Penny at email@example.com to volunteer!
• WE'VE NEVER LOOKED BETTER: Check out our gorgeous new website at FriendsofBCAS.org! Donated by Jane Moxford (Moxynet.com). A thousand thanks, Jane!
• RESCUES MAKE THE WORLD GO 'ROUND! We would like to most sincerely thank the Burlington County Animal Alliance for their rescue work in the past few weeks. Recently the shelter has been overwhelmed with both cats and dogs, and BCAA has stepped up and taken several animals into their foster homes and under their care, freeing up space at the shelter for more needy animals. BCAA is also funding heartworm treatment for two dogs this weekend. Tis the Season of Giving, so please consider making a donation to BCAA for all they do for the animals at our shelter, and to help them continue helping needy animals in our area! Visit their site for more donation information: BCAAofNJ.org.
These are only some of the animals BCAA has rescued lately! :)
• HOLIDAY CLOSINGS FOR DECEMBER: The shelter is scheduled to be closed on Monday the 26th, the day after Christmas. The rest of the month's schedule is normal. Happy volunteering!
Adopted Animals Update!
• A pair of rottweilers: (From a woman who posted on our Facebook page!) "Love you guys for all you do to save animals. I adopted my two rottie babies from there about six years ago. Best dogs I ever had. I grew up adopting dogs from your shelter and it will always be my go-to place for our family pets. They were both strays and young adults and a bit emaciated. They're absolutely wonderful - love them so much! :)"
• Angel's adopter says: "She's doing great! I fostered her for a day or two and then we decided to adopt her because my whole family fell in love with her!!! She's so sweet, loves to cuddle and sleep with me at night and loves her new home!"
• Shiloh was adopted in 2011, even after the family was informed that Shiloh tested positive for Feline Leukemia. Though Shiloh is young, FeLV+ cats only ultimately live for a few short years. Despite that, Shiloh's new family says they love him and are happy to have saved him!
• • • ADOPT US! • • •
Aren't we so adorable?
Please spread the word about these awesome pets who deserve a happy home!
C-44953 Dash & C-44954 Dodger (brothers) | D-44357 Carson & D-45319 Dakota
Click the link below and search by ID for more info:
...Thank you! And now, without further ado...
Some of the wonderful animals adopted this week:
Some of the wonderful animals adopted this week:
Kitten Count: A few cats and kittens without pics were known to be adopted this week
C-43712 Ariel, C-43750 Roswell, C-43958 Tucker, C-44123 Lil Dove, C-44847 Duncan
3 dogs without pics were adopted or reclaimed this week!
D-40360 Tweeter (rescued by BCAA), D-42629 Harry (BCAA), D-44276 Scooby, D-44366 Lil Liz (rescued by Lilo's Promise)
D-44844 Anita (Lilo's Promise), D-44866 Girly Girl (BCAA), D-45263 Sookie, D-45324 Lola (rescued by S.J. Boxer Rescue)
D-45430 Rachel, D-45557 Princess & D-45558 Romeo (adopted together!)
We are the volunteers of the Burlington County Animal Shelter. We do our best to make sure our shelter's animals are happy and ready for adoption.
We love new volunteers, and so do the shelter kitties and doggies! Learn more about us here: http://fobcas.blogspot.com